Saturday, August 14, 2010

INSPIRATION
A simpler life. A slower life. Filled with meaningful conversation with cherished friends. Time to linger over nature. Getting away from the busy-ness and doing real things like gardening, baking and long walks.

Every time I open the Anne of Green Gables series I long for these things. This will be the fourth time journeying through this eight volume friend of mine, and I'm beginning to think that these things shouldn't just be an unfulfilled longing in my life. I should actually do these things, or at least attempt it.

You would know if you visited my home that I'm not into gardening. I have one houseplant and no flower beds. I say to others that I have a black thumb, but inside I really wish I could cultivate a little plot of living things -flowers, vegetables - anything!
I love lingering with friends and having meaningful conversations, but I rarely carve out the time for it. Why? That's something worth fixing.

I just finished the first book and am truly inspired to turn these longings into reality. Consider this post a sort of accountability.

No comments: